By visiting our website, donating to us, applying for a job with SPAN, signing up for our newsletter, posting publicly accessible content about us and engaging with us on social media, you consent to having personal data collected and used by us. Below, we have outlined the data we may collect from you and the purposes we may use it for.
SPAN uses its best efforts to respect and protect the privacy of our online visitors and donors. We will not share your email address with third parties.
Data We Collect From You
- Data you voluntarily provide to us: When you place a donation, apply for a job with SPAN, sign up for our newsletter, consult our employees and volunteers, send us an email, post on our social media platforms, publish publicly accessible content about us or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily providing us data that we may collect. That data may include your name, billing and home address address, donation information, payment information, your email address, IP address, phone number, as well as details including gender, occupation, location, donation history and other demographic information. By giving us this data, you consent to this data being collected, used, disclosed, transferred to the United States and stored by us.
- Data from other sources: We may obtain data about you from third party sources, such as corporate partners, public databases and social media platforms. We take steps to ensure you have provided these third party sources with your consent that this data may be used by us, for specific purposes outlined below.
Use of Personal Data
We may use personal data that we collect from you for a variety of reasons, including:
- Communication about your donations, donation information, or to provide you with client support and services.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by you.
- To provide you with content and suggestions, including email newsletters and blog posts.
- For marketing and advertising targeting purposes, including social media and online ads.
- We may share your data with third parties that assist us with donations, external audits, job application screenings, our online presence including our websites and social media platforms, marketing and advertising purposes. We do not share or sell any personal data we collect for any separate use by any third party.
Credit Card Information
We care about the safety and security of your transaction. When you send confidential personal credit card information to us via our website, a secure server full-licensed software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website. Companies we work with to process your credit card transactions also use high-grade encryption and security protocols.
In addition to maintaining privacy and security controls over information you share with us, SPAN works to accurately process your contribution information. During business hours, staff are available to answer questions about your financial donation by calling (303) 449-8623.
SPAN employs error checking procedures to make sure that transactions are processed completely and accurately. As necessary, changes are made to improve our systems. And, independent external audits are conducted to ensure the privacy, security and appropriate processing of your information form our site.
Data From Foreign Citizens
SPAN offices and servers are located in the United States, so any personal data we collect may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. We take steps to ensure that any data from foreign citizens is collected and used in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Right to Unsubscribe
You have the right to unsubscribe from any services that we offer, if you no longer wish to participate. To do so, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that there may be a short time period for us to ensure that we honor your request.
Questions & Concerns